Getting married ? Weddings signify some of the best times of life, not only for the bride and the groom, but also for all those who attend. The young girls who make secrect pacts with each other ( sounds familiar..Bride Wars!!), the elder siblings who acknowledge that it is time to get married, the other mamas who start ‘match-making’…..and so on. But come what may, it is a very special day. Over the years, after watching countless of weddings, I have decided that these are some of the best places to get married.
1. The Traditional Church Wedding:
There is something special about getting married in the church of your hometown. Brings back memories of your grandparents and parents, tying the knot a similar day in the past…
2. Castle wedding: Something’s special in the air, when a wedding takes place on ancient castle grounds. Sounds similar to the historic wedding held somewhere in the 1600’s. Seeing the couple approach to the sound of the traditional music , memorable indeed !!!
3. Wedding on a Cruise ship: It is absolutely breathtaking, to see the happily married couple against the ocean line.
4. Wedding Inns: There is something special about being to a wedding ceremony held on the grounds of the old exquisite inns. The bed and breakfast inns are ideal for a private wedding.
5. Grand Hotel Wedding: This is one of the most common wedding venues I have been to. The banquet halls are too good, and as the first dance which claims the floor, I often wish that I was the bride.
6. Underwater Weddings: I haven’t been to one yet, but my friends have. Reading about it in the papers, its feels quite special. Though, it seems kind of impossible for all the guests to go under water as well !!
7. Wedding at the Beach: I have been to my cousin’s wedding. Held at the Marina Beach, it was a breathtaking view to behold, with the waves lapping at the sand in the background.
8. Mountain Top Wedding: I have never been to one of these weddings. But, after seeing snaps of my parent’s colleagues getting married out there, it could be a spectacular wedding spot .
9. Central Park Wedding: How many times have you witnessed a wedding while walking in the central park ? I have seen three weddings till now. Makes quite a picturesque scene. Of course, I was one of the uninvited guests in all the three weddings.
10. Under the tree weddings: My all time favourite wedding venue…under the tree at the back of my garden. My aunt held her wedding at home, a small quiet one. The best thing about this is that, it’s absolutely homely, and each time I see that place; it brings back the best memories of my life.
To tell you the truth, I haven’t got married yet. Still searching for the right person. But planning my wedding is one of my fav past-time, especially when I am totally bored. I wish I was the bride in all these weddings above. ( Have a happy married life to all you couples in the above photographs. Thanks for the pics!!)
Ah, well someday it ll be me out there !!! Till then, I ll wait.